Titanforge miniatures recently came out with some of their new Metalbeards mini’s, heavily mechanised Dwarf miniatures, which, as a fan of steampunk AND all things Dwarf, I simply had to have. So I bought two Ancestral Guardians (one set), a Steam Gatling Gun and two Ancestral Zeppelins (again, one set). What follows is my review.
Nope, not an intro, just pretty pictures!
More progress as it happens!
Finally it has arrived! After years of rumours, proposed release dates getting put back further and further, supposed ruleleaks, rule rumour discussions turning into wishlisting and doommongering, the joy of a new armybook on the way, the fear to lose everything that made it what Dwarfs are, crying, shouting, laughing, grudging, brooding,… after all that, it finally came out.
Saturday 15th of February 2014, the Dwarfs once again marched to war. Time to look at the changes.
For almost every wargamer, the choice of an army ties in heavily with its background, lore, history, overall character of the race. So, like most of you, I started thinking about a possible background when I opened my first box of Dwarfs. Playing around with the idea of using a GW hold or coming up with my own I quickly chose to use my own. The advantage of course is that it allows for a lot more freedom. I decided to choose the location of my hold on the armies that my friends were playing. But since most of my friends either played Dark Elves or High Elves that was going to be a bit hard. Luckily, back then, another friend (that since then has already quit) started playing as well and choose Wood Elves.
With Wood Elves having a fixed location as well, for the most part, that made the choice a bit easier. In the end I settled on a Karak Nornesque kind of background with my hold situated in the Grey Mountains.The name itself I choose while looking through a copy of Stone & Steel: I came upon ‘Wyr’ which means snowy/white/ice, a word that is simple and yet easy to use as a symbol. So Karak Wyr will be situated in the Grey Mountains overlooking Athel Loren to the south!
In today’s post, we’ll be looking at a project that I’ve been working on for a while now. In fact, two years have come and gone since I started on this. I had originally just put some Styrofoam sheets together, glued them together with some pva-glue and just let my imagination run wild. The idea was to go for a monitor class of steamboat, something that would go well with my Dreadnought class steamship project that I had started earlier. But somewhere along the way, the project took on a life of its own.