I have been spamming some painting progress reports around but it’s been a while since I actually completed something. So I thought I’d show off my latest work! A sorceress! I confess she may not be the best looking paint job ever, but I dare you to tell her that.
Never the less this is probably the paintjob I enjoyed the most so far.
Nope, not an intro, just pretty pictures!
More progress as it happens!
Top view of the cockpit
View from the interior of the cockpit, together with the finished pilot.
Front view, the cockpit is still missing the sidewings, it’s engine and the rotor.
The back. Although almost nothing will be viewable when the engine gets glued on, I really enjoyed painting this.
Really liking the lighting in this picture, one of my favourite photos of this one.
Side top view
… and final shot. Coming up, the rotor and the base.
Last year, I joined a Pendragon campaign that a few of my mates were playing. So far, it’s been a great campaign and roleplay experience (Hurray, Arthur has been crowned King of England, all rejoice!) but lately I’ve been stepping up my commitment to the campaign.
I’ve bought a box of the old Brettonian Men-at-arms, both as a small militiaforce for my Knightly character and maybe as the start of a proper Bretonnian force.
I’m quite happy with the result so far, especially considering I’ve done these guys really quickly over the span of about two evenings. I’ve painted these guys using my “batch’em&jumble’m”-method; it uses different tones of a colour to create differences between the models but still makes for a cohesive looking force. I might do a future post on this in more detail.
Overall, I like these models, they’re showing their age, especially when compared to the fantastic stuff that GW has been churning out recently but they’re holding their own. Just need to add their shields, base them and they’ll be done!
Also, in the future, I’ll try and post smaller but more frequent posts.
I had my first actual week of leave (as in, where I wasn’t doing other work) in more than a year, and it was amazing.
One of the things I did was experiment a bit with a way of batch painting which will help getting a semblance of an army ready before 9th hits. For this I tried some of the Army Painter stuff which most of you will probably be familiar with and did some testing.
With G.W.’s new website, they managed to highlight some of their digital books, better than on the old website. And so I budged and decided to give the Dark Elf painting book a go. I took some time thinking if I’d risk buying a single model’s guide first, or go for the complete set right away.
Eventually I decided to buy the big book, thinking it would make more sense than buying the small books individually.