Last time I started debasing my shield dwarfs. With that finished, I could start removing the arms that held normal hand weapons and start to attach the great weapons. I also cleaned and filed down the bases and sprayed them all with chaos black. Right, ready to glue down the new GW dwarfs.
They are already usable on the table but far from finished. I still need to paint these guys, drybrush the chainmail of their new right arms, paint the axes themselves and touch up on their hands. Like I said earlier, some hands came of with the shields; these are easy to fix. Just glue on some of the ale mugs of the newer plastics. Those and the pipes go well with the older plastics.
Others have damage on their knuckles from the way that plastic glue works: it melts the plastic and forms a bond of melted plastic, which is generally quite solid but makes for messy damage to try and clean up. Some of the liquid green stuff works wonders here. An easy way to fix it and fill up the little holes left by removing the solidified glue.
Other then that, removing the basing which consisted of rather large stones removed some of the paint on the boots as well so I had to repair that as well.
With the bases cleaned and the minis glued down, it became time for the paint job itself. Using this guy as an example (one of the GW warriors I already had) I’ll be painting my soon to be 40 gw warriors to a decent tabletop standard.
20 or so are already half way. With their helmets painted Dark Angels Green, their sleeves as well and the leather of their frocks in brown, they are starting to look more and more the part.
Progress as I continue.